Oh the dog days of summer are upon us where I live! It dawned on me the other day that our sweltering summers are the equivalent of the freezing winters our northern counterparts endure. We just stay indoors down here because we can’t handle going outside. In fact, I’m so inactive during summer that I end up gaining weight! Ha! 😛
It’s a good thing this seasonal recipe is fat free and uses all the fresh summer ingredients that are in abundance and thrives in this heat! You can serve this with blue corn chips, as a side to baked fish, top off your burgers with this salsa, or just eat it fresh right out of a bowl!
- 2 small organic peaches ~ thoroughly washed, pitted, skin left on, diced
- 1 pint San Marzano tomatoes ~ diced
- 1/2 bunch organic cilantro ~ reserve only the leaves, chopped
- 1 small serrano pepper ~ finely chopped
- 1 small shallot ~ peeled, finely chopped
- juice of 1 large lime
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Gently combine all your ingredients in a large glass bowl
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving
You must be logged in to post a comment.