Lemon-Lavender Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 8 T butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2T lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp dried lavender buds. Ground
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 1/3 cup confectioners sugar
- Mix cheese, butter and sugar in a food processor or mixer. Add other ingredients until smooth. Can be spread or piped onto cupcakes or cakes.
Lemon Lavender Greek Yogurt Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces, weight) 2% Greek Yogurt (I used Chobani)
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 Tbs. dried lavender
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease one 9×5 (or two 5.75×3 mini) loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter. Gradually add the sugar and cream until light and fluffy, about 7 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing each until fully incorporated.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients, alternating with the Greek yogurt, to the creamed butter and sugar and mix just until incorporated. Add the lemon juice, vanilla extract and lemon zest and beat on low just until blended. Gently stir in the lavender.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan(s) and bake for 30-35 minutes until the edges begin to brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool in the loaf pans for 10-15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Lavender Honey Vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp lavender honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 -1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 -1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp coarse Dijon mustard
Combine all ingredients in a jar. Cap, tighten the lid and shake well. Serve at room temperature.