The recent rains have made my herbs quite happy—especially the rosemary bush. Rosemary and garlic are such a perfect combo, that immediately I thought the two would be great in some kind of balsamic vinegar sauce. I found this great recipe and modified it ever so slightly for my roasted root veggies.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots ~ coarsely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves ~ minced
- 3/4 cup pomegranate balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary ~ leaves only, coarsely chopped
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, heat oil.
- Add shallots and garlic and cook for about 2 min until soft.
- Stir in vinegar and rosemary
- Let simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes or until reduced to approximately 1/2 cup.