Now that autumn is here, the farmer’s markets are selling beautiful edible fall gems, and the nights have become blustery and chilly. Why not warm up your house by making something healthy and delicious for dinner?
- 1 lb beets ~ scrubbed with veggie brush, ends removed, cut into 1-1.5” pieces
- 1 lb parsnips ~ scrubbed with veggie brush, ends removed, cut into 1-1.5” pieces
- 1 lb turnips ~ scrubbed with veggie brush, ends removed, cut into 1-1.5” pieces
- 1 lb carrots ~ scrubbed with veggie brush, ends removed, cut into 1-1.5” pieces
- 6-8 large garlic cloves ~ peeled and smashed with flat side of knife
- 6-8 pearl onions ~ ends removed, skin left on
- canola-coconut oil blend
- 2 tbs fresh rosemary ~ washed, stems discarded, coarsely chopped
- Montreal Steak Seasoning* ~ to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place the beets, parsnips, turnips, and carrots in a large cookie sheet. Drizzle the veggies with a nice layer of oil and sprinkle on the rosemary and seasoning.
- Toss until all the veggies are evenly coasted with oil and spices. Spread the veggies evenly around the cookie sheet.
- Broil for about 20-30 minutes on 425°F, stirring halfway through.
- Remove the pan from the oven, stir the veggies again. Lay the garlic and onions on top.
- Broil for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the garlic and onions have browned.
- Serve warm with the balsamic rosemary reduction.
*Note: Montreal Steak Seasoning is a “Grill Mates” line by McCormick. It’s one of my favorite spice blends to use. The ingredients are “Coarse Salt, Spices (Including Black Pepper And Red Pepper), Garlic, Sunflower Oil, Natural Flavor, And Extractives Of Paprika.”
You must be logged in to post a comment.