I was flipping through some cookbooks and cooking magazines and stumbled upon this recipe: Ceviche with Tuna, Cucumber, and Orange. Unfortunately I did not have oranges, but I did have strawberries, frisée, and some other ingredients so I came up with my own version for dinner. I love the simplicity, color, and combination of flavors and textures. Perfect for a summer meal! Enjoy! 🙂
- 1/4 pound(s) fresh tuna ~ cut in half inch cubes
- sea salt and sugar ~ to taste
- fresh ground black pepper ~ to taste
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1 English cucumber ~ diced
- 1 head organic frisée (aka curly endive) ~ ends removed, washed thoroughly, spun dry, roughly torn into pieces
- 2 medium organic radishes ~ shaved or sliced very thinly
- 3-5 organic strawberries ~ sliced
- 2 tablespoon(s) red onion ~ finely chopped
- 1 serrano chili (or to taste) ~ finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh cilantro ~ chopped
Place the tuna in a glass bowl, sprinkle with salt and cover with lime juice.
Marinate for 3 minutes; marinate 5 minutes if you’d like it more cooked.
Add the red onion, cucumber, and cilantro, season with sea salt, sugar, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Drain the liquid.
- Serve on ceviche bed of frisée. Top with shaved radishes and strawberry slices.
You must be logged in to post a comment.