It is official. I am on a cranberry binge. In the past few weeks, I have made four (yes, 4!) batches of muffins, all containing cranberries. Although, in my defense, I have varied them a bit. 🙂
If you’re interested, here are a couple of the recent cranberry-related recipes:
INGREDIENTS: Yields 12 small muffins
- 1 & 1/2 cups organic unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup organic lemon yogurt
- 1 cup organic evaporated cane sugar
- 3 organic eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated organic lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh organic lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup organic vegetable oil & 1 tablespoon for greasing the tins
- 2 cups fresh (or frozen) cranberries ~ rinsed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla, and oil.
- Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Gently fold in the cranberries.
- Grease your muffin tins with oil by using a silicone brush.
- Fill the muffin tins.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean.
- Drizzle with Lemon Zest Glaze. Optional.