Icing is one of those things you either love or love to hate. 😉 I suppose I’m the oddball that neither hates nor love it. I sometimes like it and sometimes dislike it, depending on how it’s made and what it’s enhancing.
The GREAT thing about this recipe is you can use lemon, lime (yes!), orange, grapefruit, tangelo, pomelo, or whatever heavenly citrus fruit you can get your culinary hands on!
TIP: Anytime you are using citrus juice, either in another recipe or your tea, and will not be using the zest, be sure to grate the zest before juicing the fruit. Zest freezes well in a tightly-sealed container.
- 1 & 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons organic juice ~ citrus fruit of your choice
- 1 tablespoon organic zest ~ citrus fruit of your choice
- Combine all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Drizzle over your pastry of choice.
- Allowing the glaze to harden is optional. I prefer my glaze to be thick, but not hard. 🙂
You must be logged in to post a comment.