Banana bread always makes me think of my sweet Mama. She used to make us “banana cake” with a rich, creamy layer of banana frosting on top. This isn’t her recipe, but it’s still delicious! I saw that this Best Banana Bread recipe from Food.com had 568 reviews and 5.75 stars out of 6. 🙂
NOTE: I modified the recipe ever so slightly by 1) decreasing 1 cup sugar to 1/2 cup brown sugar, 2) added chopped pecans, and 3) added nutmeg.
- organic vegetable oil ~ to grease the pan
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) organic butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 organic eggs
- 4 ripe bananas ~ peeled & mashed
- 1 & 1/2 cups organic unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup pecans ~ coarsely chopped
- nutmeg or cinnamon ~ optional
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Grease your loaf pan with oil by using a silicone brush.
Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and mashed bananas.
Sift together flour, soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Add vanilla.
Gently fold in the pecans.
Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.
Bake at 350°F for 55-60 minutes.
You must be logged in to post a comment.