I have been in a baking mood and cranberry binge this winter. The winter months also happen to be citrus season, which is so timely because everyone around me either has the flu or cold. Oranges and cranberries contain healthy doses of vitamin C.
This muffin recipe is quite similar to the Mini Cranberry Bundt Cake recipe I posted recently; however, while those bundt cakes are dense like poundcake, these are very light and fluffy. Everyone loved these! Also, I found a glaze recipe but I haven’t gotten around to making it. Let me know if you like the glaze! 🙂
Enjoy and stay healthy and warm this winter! 🙂
INGREDIENTS: Yields 6 large muffins
- 1 & 1/2 cups organic unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup organic evaporated cane sugar
- 3 organic eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 cup organic vegetable oil & 1 tablespoon for greasing the tins
- 2 cups fresh (or frozen) cranberries ~ rinsed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sugar, eggs, orange zest, orange extract, and oil.
- Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Gently fold in fresh and dried cranberries.
- Grease your muffin tins with oil by using a silicone brush.
- Fill the muffin tins. It’s OK if the tins are full as the batter will not overflow during the baking process.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon on the batter.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean.
- Drizzle with orange glaze. Optional.
You must be logged in to post a comment.