What bunny doesn’t like some delicious carrots and a wee bit of creative spices in her bunny food?
This simple side dish isn’t your average boil-the-vegetable-to-death-’til-its-void-of-all-signs-of-life dish. Though I have to warn you that it’s going to be a bit spicy if your palate is only used to tamed foods. BTW, I apologize that the photo is not my standard “semi-professional” photo, but this Instagram shot works!
- 1 lb. organic carrots ~ washed and cut into med-large chunks
- 1 tablespoon Garam Masala curry spice
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons organic butter
- 1-2 teaspoons local honey
- filtered water
- Place carrots in a stainless steel pot and put just enough filtered water to cover the carrots.
- Bring it to a rolling boil for about 5 minutes, then turn off the stove. Let the carrots cook, covered, for about 10 minutes. (Note: This results in al dente carrots. If you prefer softer carrots, double the cooking time.)
- Lightly drain the carrots and place them in a nice bowl. Some of the remaining liquid adds moisture to the dish.
- Add the remaining ingredients while the carrots are still steaming hot.
- Sprinkle some paprika just before serving. VOILA!