‘Tis the season…for inFLUenza, that is! “Feed a cold. Starve a fever.” Whatever the old saying is, it’s never good to starve oneself (think of how bad that would be on your metabolism or your appearance!), no matter how terrible you are feeling.
This vegetarian soup is super easy to make, tastes delicious, and the garlic and spinach should help you get back to your healthy-oxen self again in a jiffy! It may also help you rid of those pesky Vampire problems I hear you’ve been having in your town!
- 1 carton Pacific creamy organic tomato soup
- sunflower oil
- 8-10 roma tomatoes ~ blanched, skin removed, chopped into large chunks
- 1 bulb garlic ~ peeled, 1/2 minced and 1/2 smashed
- 8 cups fresh organic baby spinach
- 1/4 bunch organic curly-leaf parsley ~ washed, stems removed, chopped
- scallions ~ ends removed, chopped
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- freshly-ground black pepper
- sea salt ~ dash
- organic evaporated can sugar ~ to taste
- In a large stainless steel pot, heat the oil and sauté the smashed garlic until a golden brown. Add the tomatoes and sauté until 1/2 cooked.
- Add the carton of pre-made tomato soup, minced garlic, and 1/2 cup filtered water.
- Bring the soup to a boil for 3 minutes then let the soup simmer on low for about 5 minutes. Turn off the stove & leave the covered pot on the stove for another 5 minutes.
- Add sea salt and sugar to your liking.
- Remove the pot from the burner and stir in the spinach.
- Serve hot with freshly-ground black pepper and chopped parsley.
You must be logged in to post a comment.